1. The name of the Union shall be Laxmi Narayan Mahavidyalaya Students' Union.
2. The aims of the Union are
(i) To foster and encourage, corporate academic life, unity, fellow-feeling and spirit of cooperation amon the members of the Union.
(ii) To organise discussions on general, cultural and academic problems.
(iii) To invite eminet persons to address the union.
(iv) To organise debates.
(v) To discharge such other functions as the principal may prescribe or as the Executive Committe shall decide with prior permission of the Principal.
MEMBERS OF THE UNION
3(i) Every student except those of +2 Classes of the college is a member of the union. No one whose name is not on the college rolls of the college can be a member of the union.
(ii) All members of the teaching staff if they so desire can take part in the proceedings of the meetings.
THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
4(i) The President
(ii) The Vice-President
(iii) The Secretary
(iv) The Assisatant Secretary
(v) One Student representative to be elected from each class of +3 level.
(vi) One woman student representative.
5. Any member of the Union belonging to the 3rd year of +3 Defree class is eligible to stand for election to Presidentship of the union. The Presidentship of the union. The president shall preside over all ordinary meetings of the union at which he is present. He shall be responsible for maintaining order and interpreting the rules. His rulings shall be final except when he requests the Adviser shall be final.
VICE - PRESIDENT
6. The Vice-President shall be a student of the 2nd (Second) year of +3 Degree classes. In the absence of the President, the Vice-President shall assume all his rights and discharge his duty.
7 (a) Students from +3 3rd and 2nd year of Arts & Science classes shall stand for election to the Secretaryship of the College Union.
(b) He Secretary shall arrange debates, give notice of all meetings wheter annual, ordinary or extraordinary. He shall record the minutes of all meeting.
(c) He shall select the subject for debate in consultation with the President and Adviser.
(d) He shall keep the accounts of the union.
8. The Asst. Secretary shall be a stduent of 1st year of +3 Degree classes. The Assitant Secretary shall assit the Secretary in the discharge of his duties and in his absence perform all his functions.
9 (a) The adviser shall remain present at all meeting of the union. He will assist the Executive Committee by helpful suggestions, if necessary, in the proper conduct of the meetings.
(b) The President may refer to him any rule for interpretation and the decision of the Adviser shall be final.
(c) He may at any time, during a meeting or at the request of the President, explain the scope and effect of a motion or amendment.
10 (a) The Association Adviser shall assist the adviser in all matters conceming the College Union.
(b) The Associate adviser shall, in the absence of the adviser, assume all duties of the adviser.
11. The Executive Committee of the union shall discuss the budget at an annual meeting of the committee and decide from time to time all other matters concerning the activities of the union.
12. All members of the union shall pay a consolidated membership fee per annum to be collected by the college office.
ELECTION OF OFFICE-BEARERS
13 (a) The annual election shall take place within ten weeks from the date or reopening the college after summer vacation each year or on such date as the Government makes the announcement.
(b) Nomination proposal o such election duly seonded shall reach the Principal in writing on the date notified by the Prinicipal
(c) The nomination after proper scrutiny by the Principal or his nominee shall be published according as notification.
(d) No member shall give more than one vote for each officer to be filled.
(e) Election shall be conducted and votes be recorded and attested in such a manner as the Principal shall determine.
(f) The candidate obtaining the largest number of votes shall be declared elected.
(g) In case of an equality of votes between any two or more candidates the election of the successful candidates shall be determined by the lot.
(h) The Principal reserves the right for the postponement of total election also.